ABOUT OUR CHILD PLACEMENT AGENCY
Houston Serenity Place CPA is a therapeutic foster-to-adopt agency. HSPCPA license
and train qualified foster parents to care for children that are in need of a home of serenity. We place children with new foster parents as well as kinship, fictive and relative placement with the expectations that they will one day be legally free to be adopted by the foster parents.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Is Foster Care
Foster care is an opportunity to provide children who have experienced the trauma of abuse or neglect a sense of serenity. We provide refuge to children ranging from birth to 18 from all racial and ethnic backgrounds. Foster parents are essential to providing stable, temporary homes that protect and nurture these children into a Stable Life.
What Is Kinship Care
Kinship Care is a program in which families caring for children of relatives, may be eligible to receive financial assistance. Kinship Care makes sure that the living arrangements are safe.
What Is Adoption
Unlike foster care, adoption is an opportunity for children to have a
“ Home Of Serenity ”
when they are unable to live safely with their birth parents.
- Be at least 21 years of age, financially stable
- Complete an application
- Share information regarding background and lifestyle
- Provide relative and non-relative references
- A Foster Parent can be single, married, divorced, or widowed
- Agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members
- Allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household
- Attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children. The Foster verification process with Houston Serenity Place usually takes about two to three months.